But instead of catching up on older efforts, here are two quilts Cheryl recently completed for customers. This first was pieced by a mother for her son and his fiancee. She calls it "Spicy Love" as her son is cooking in a restaurant these days.

Here's a closeup showing the feathers and border areas. The border print has spice bins.

And this next one was a "subtle" Christmas quilt - subtle because the fabrics were the reds and greens, but other than a couple of the prints having holly leaves, none of them were really Christmas fabrics.

The customer asked for the setting triangles to be quilted with holly leaves. Cheryl traced a purchased design for those areas. The gingham fabric was quilted with crosshatching to contrast with the curving lines of the holly motifs.

The center of the quilt was done with a coordinating holly leaf pantograph. We usually like to use those "edge to edge" but this was a semi-custom treatment, where the traced design had to start and stop at the gingham fabric that zigzags around to separate the main part of the quilt from the setting triangles and border.
1 comment:
Thanks c, I really needed to hear that. I just don't feel like my blog is as good as it use to be and I can't seem to fix it. Plus, I am dieting...lol I am a granny and thought I would hear often, "you're too young to be a granny!" NOT ONCE... I'm not too young 47, but still ...lol
Post a Comment