This one fell right across the steps leading to the logging road from our back door -

(love that shaft of morning sunlight left of the stairs, trying to reach the house)
It appears the tree was very weak right at the base - it was growing perhaps 6-8 feet from the steps. We probably accidentally murdered this tree when we had the path cut. (the steps are just to the right in this next photo.)

It's not clear what became of the top of the tree - the trunk has a broken off point and there may be two branches on the ground nearby. This is afternoon sun from the opposite side of the cove - what became of the tree's branches was on Cheryl's mind all day.

Maybe the rest of them are still stuck up there somewhere?
2 comments:
Love the last photo. I have heard a tree fall in the woods. I thought, I am thankful the tree was over there...lol This reminds me of a sign I got my honey the other day, it says," If a man is in the forest, where no woman can hear him. Is he still wrong?" That cracked me up. I would say , yes.
While I was walking Rolo today, there were two reporters on our street asking residents what they thought about the widening of Route 7. I was interviewed, but since I was one of the residents who wasn't opposed to the widening, as we live two hundred feet away from Route 7, footage showing me wasn't included in the report that night. But it was still worth a minute of fame for any Emmer who makes a brief appearance on TV
Post a Comment