We got a little bit of a late start, so we bought mostly plants. Nothing we started from seed has produced anything edible.
Summer squash - we've had one just this week, looks like we'll have a couple more this week, all from one of the four plants we put in.
We've had green beans twice - all four of the plants are producing. Here are some young beans we'll get to eat this week.
We planted only one eggplant. This little cutie is not ready to harvest. There's another smaller one on the plant. Norris is not crazy about eggplant, but it's one of the vegetables he will eat.
We've had maybe three cucumbers, and have a lot more coming. Again, everything is coming from one of the four plants we put in. These have been sweet and the seeds are not too hard.
We have been enjoying our little cherry tomatoes while we wait for the green heirlooms to ripen. There's a fennel plant that might be doing well - hard to tell until we decide to pull it up. From seed, we tried radishes, which came up but didn't grow, carrots doing probably about the same, and dill that didn't even come up.
2 comments:
It looks WAY better than mine. As you recall, Cheryl, I tried mine in pots this year and it has been rather pitiful, actually. I think it is the soil, so I will try again next year. In the meantime, I am enjoying the fruits of someone else's labor, as I joined a CSA farm this summer with my sister-in-law. I have put green beans and squash in the freezer so far.
Your veggies look wonderful Cheryl. We tried little eggplants last year and they were delicious but then, I am a lover of eggplant.
It looks like the pickle recipes will be required this year. YUM YUM
Post a Comment