I got back from a 5-day trip to Chicago a week ago. I forgot my camera, but the day before I left, we had to replace my cell phone. Now that I have a so-called smart phone, I don't have to have the camera. It is not as easy or anywhere near as good at taking family photos, but I'll share a couple of them.
I timed the trip to see Niki's dance performance, but photography there is not allowed. I spent most of my time at my Dad's - especially after he developed pain in one foot that was diagnosed as plantar fasciitis. We were supposed to go and see his great-grandson Josh on Saturday, but after getting advice from a doctor to stay off his feet, we stayed home and put Dad in the recliner, and the next day, Brother Jeff brought Josh to see us. (Josh's parents were painting the house they bought just a few months ago.)
 |
| Dad, Jeff and Josh - we are missing Josh's father Andrew in this multi-generational photo |
 |
| Unless he's sleeping, Josh never stops, making it a challenge to get photos. I caught him when he paused briefly while inspecting the walker Dad was using. |
 |
| Josh was having a great time while his grandpa nuzzled him with his beard. |
After his daughter-in-law Laurie taped up his foot and Dad had two days of rest, the pain was much improved. Still, we followed up our walk-in-clinic visit with a trip to see Dad's regular doctor for a referral to a specialist, in case the pain returns.
 |
| Dad waits to see the doctor on Monday |
I took this photo for Norris, who has played a Scrabble-like word game on his phone, but had never played the real game. Dad and I had popcorn and played one evening while everyone else was busy.
1 comment:
I can't believe Norris has never played the real thing! We will have to fix that the next time I visit!
Post a Comment