Sunday, March 29, 2015

It did move closer

Here are a couple of views taken from the guest room window above the garage at our house.

The brush truck and two RCFD members standing by and watching from the steps.  The house in the background is up the driveway you saw in my shots of the cul de sac.

Dorry couldn't see the flames - I think they show up now that they are closer to our place. I left these photos a little larger so you can see.  This is taken from the same window, aiming just over the heads of the two nice gentlemen in the previous photo.  The green of the Rhododendron to the right of them is the same as you see in this photo. 


And now we have some members of the Swannanoa Fire Department on standby in our driveway.


I just took the shower I might have taken hours ago.  Norris has told the firefighters they can use the restroom here  -- the RCFD guys have been here since 1:30.  So I thought I should not be as grungy as when I was thinking I would take a nice walk today.

UPDATE - here's a photo now that the sun is going down - the retaining wall is ours.


Norris  was just here to look for missing gloves and said they are going to set fires on the ridge above our house and burn - it will make it safer for us.  Oh - and the firefighters got some real food not long ago.

2 comments:

ancquilter said...

I haven't checked the winds for this evening, but I sure hope they are in your favor!! God bless, kiddo!!

Anna Banana said...

I hope things are under control by now! This is really scary to have this so close to your house!