Our forecast for last night and this morning showed snow tapering off and done by 2:00 - and temperatures tomorrow in the 40's. Accordingly, around 3:00, although it was still snowing, we decided we could scrape a little of the snow off the driveway to help the melting process tomorrow. (the photo has an interesting texture because I took it through the screen)
We measured around 4-4.5 inches on the driveway - which doesn't really say how much snow we really got, just how much we were pushing.
If you looked at the radar for this area any time today, you would not see any precipitation, and our forecast has been cloudy and dry all day.
But all the cleared areas of the driveway now have a new coating of white and the stuff is still falling at 5:30.


2 comments:
What!? We have 10-12 inches here in Arden! I would have thought that it would have been worse where you are. And today the wind was howling, blowing drifts around. I haven't ventured out of our little neighborhood circle, but I'm assuming that the main roads are plowed and there are probably some signs of life out there. Tomorrow, for sure, we will go and explore.
Speaking of signs of life, the birds were extremely happy that we kept the bird feeder filled. There has been lots of action there and they've been fun to watch. And we had a great blue heron in the stream at the bottom of our slope.
Like you, Anna, we had about 10-11 inches here in the Reynolds area of Asheville. We've been INside for two days, and I suspect today will be the same. I don't see us getting out until late Monday or Tuesday, and then more freezing rain is forecast. We're all getting cabin fever here. The sun is out very bright today, and the snow is sparkling like diamonds everywhere.....so beautiful! We had one member stuck in Atlanta, finally got a plane to Asheville yesterday, and drove her from the airport. Interstates and the main road (74A) were cleared, but they have not gotten to our road yet. He had to park at the top of the drive and walk down to the house.
Post a Comment