Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lu Ventures Out

Last week was a little unusual - Norris had to go back to Northern Virginia on a business trip and there was practically no gasoline being delivered to Western North Carolina due to Hurricane Ike shutting down the Colonial Pipeline. So I was home by myself and didn't drive if I didn't have to. I took Lu for walks almost daily. When Norris got back I pointed out that although Lu always loves going out, the loud construction noises coming from three homes in our neighborhood seemed to discourage him from venturing down the street so we were spending all the time just exploring the area right around the house (with no one here, I didn't want to be venturing very far up the slope, which we have done a few times.)



But Lu must have heard me, because Friday, he decided a tour - including visiting the inside of the closest house to ours - was in order. One of the workers in one of the houses remarked, "LOOK, there's a woman WALKING A CAT ON A LEASH!!" And yesterday he took Norris out for a walk so I snapped the picture above.

We should have had our camera with us earlier in the day when we attended Weaverville's Second Annual Art in Autumn. We saw artwork by about a hundred local artists and bought a couple of handmade mugs. We also listened to two local groups perform blue grass music - the Reems Creek Rattlers and the Butter Holler String Band. The night before we'd heard music at both Blue Mountain Pizza and the Well-Bred bakery, so Norris got to watch four different musicians on the banjo. We're sorry we don't at least have pictures to share!

No comments: