Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quilt work

When I first started quilting for hire, I sent everyone pictures of quilts I was working on. Since we moved, I thought I would be updating my website with pictures all the time, but these customers keep me too busy to worry about my "advertising." Diane said she'd like to see photos, so I'll post some here, maybe even on a regular basis. I liked these quilts in any case. They were the first ones I did after we moved. The woman who pieced the tops is my best customer in Reston. I've done about 20 quilts for her already, and I have another by her in my closet. She has two more for me to quilt in the works.

This one is done with a printed fabric - each whimsical cat came with a different colored frame and a different print (the black backgrounds).



I changed thread colors about 7 or 8 times to match the narrow single line frame, but made just a simple line on the printed parts. Then I did a paw print my longarm friend Michelle W. in Atlanta designed in the sashing (blue and white stripes) that were added by my customer.


Her next quilt was from a kit called "Flowers for Kashmir".

I designed my own quilting motif to go in the large hexagon "flowers."


Maybe this shows up in the "larger view" of this photo - it's the back of the quilt. I made up a border motif based on the feather design - I thought it went with one of the theme prints, which has a large paisley. I marked the edge of the quilt to space the designs evenly around the border. I didn't get a picture of this entire quilt - it was large and I hadn't figured out where to set up the photo stand for it.

No comments: